I had an opportunity to work at the USC-Rancho/Los Amigos CADC as a collaborative partner through the Alzheimer’s Association California Southland...
Contact CADC Program
Alzheimer's Disease Program, MS-7210
California Dept. of Public Health
PO Box 997377
Sacramento, CA 95899-7377
The Harry and Jeannette Weinberg Foundation, one of the largest private foundations in the United States, has awarded a Family and Informal...
With a focus on health issues that are of particular interest in the African American community, the Wellness Forum on Healthy Aging was held in...
When Mr. Larson (assumed name) and his wife came to the UCD-Martinez Center he was in his middle 50s and had held a prestigious upper management...
The first ever Spanish-language “mini medical school” program, La Mini Escuela de Medicina en Espanol, was started on 2008. La Mini Escuela de...
State and Local Organizations
The CADCs leverage their expertise and actively provide specialized input, which organizations usually do not have, into the broader understanding, diagnosis, and treatment of Alzheimer's disease and related dementias through collaborations with state and local organizations.
These partnerships extend the help and assistance provided by the CADCs beyond their catchment area to individuals living with Alzheimer's disease and related dementias, caregivers, health care providers and legislators.
Some of the state, county and city organizations the CADCs have partnered with include:
- Family Caregiver Alliance (FCA)
- Adult Day Care Centers
- California Caregiver Coalition
- Public Health Area Agencies on Aging
- Alzheimer’s Association for educational activities and developing community support groups (local chapters)
- Caregiver Resource Center
- Alzheimer’s Day Care Resource Centers
- Residential Care Facilities and Retirement Communities
- Care Management Services
- Home Care organizations
- Hospice organizations
- Senior Behavioral Health Services
- Kaiser Permanente Staff in developing their dementia clinic
- Nursing staff training at UCSF and Stanford/VA Palo Alto Health Care System
- Aging Clinical Research Center and the VA-supported Mental Illnesses Research Education and Clinical Center