The California Alzheimer Disease Centers are centers of excellence that provide interdisciplinary care for a complex diagnosis.
- Promoting best practices of clinical care
- Educating health care students and providers
- Educating and providing support to individuals living with dementia and their families
- Helping shape health policy to improve the lives of all Californians
The combined impact of the CADC program far exceeds that of any one center.
The centers are unique in their capacity to provide superb services to the community and attract fiscal resources to California.
- The CADCs open new opportunities for improving the quality of life of the elderly and reduce the burden for those with dementia and their caregivers.
- Economically, the CADCs contribute directly to the state treasury. The result is a coordinated effort on multiple fronts, with an impact greater than the sum of its parts working alone.
It is vital that we build upon these past accomplishments and create a dynamic future for Californians.